IGS provides clients with critical insight on key market and strategic issues surrounding a transaction. IGS is skilled at working within the limited time frames that arise from a transaction process.
IGS has significant experience in accessing key stakeholders such as customers, prospects, competitors, and suppliers (often without assistance from the seller) to develop a proprietary and comprehensive view of industry and company findings. Our clients leverage these findings to fine tune their investment theses and ultimately the prices they are willing to pay for a company or to walk away from an investment when the findings do not support it.
Representative issues covered include:
- Quantifying the market opportunity - size, growth, penetration, and segmentation
- Identifying and assessing the drivers of market and company growth
- Assessing and validating a company’s value proposition and competitive advantage
- Evaluating the competitive landscape and the target company’s positioning
- Analyzing market share and customers’ spending trajectory
- Determining the purchase decision process and stickiness of relationships
- Ascertaining pricing and margin sustainability
- Evaluating attractiveness and viability of growth opportunities